Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update


The Foot prints in the sand  
Nicole’s journey to Thailand
February /March
What been happening: 
Hello, friends! Spring is finally here, the sun is out and the flowers are in bloom. The past two months have flown by, I feel like I blinked and the next thing I knew it was April!  Over the past two months, we have received 6 new young women at the New American Center.  It has been a sheer joy getting to know these young women and helping them adapt to the American culture. In March, I had the chance to attend a sunrise church service on Eastern Sunday at Plum Island Beach. The service could not have been more beautiful as the sun came up over the beach and we sang praises and rejoiced in the fact that Jesus Christ is risen.
Easter Sunday Plum Island
.








Upcoming events:
BCOM, here I come.   The last week of April into the first week of May, I will be returning to Bloomington, Minnesota for a visit. I am looking forwarded to spending some time with college friends and catching up. I will also be meeting with the Thailand Mission’s team.  If you are going to be there, I would love the chance to get together with you as well!   Contact me either by e-mail  at  nikki.downer@bcom.org or a call at 978-810-55874.  

Support Raising
This upcoming Fall, I will be embarking on a 16 month long mission trip to Thailand where I will minister to young women working in the area of human trafficking.  The goal is to teach them English as well as evangelize to the homeless children found in the slums and brothels.   Expect details shortly on my next fundraiser which will take place during mid-May.   For more information about my upcoming mission trip, please contact me at nikki.downer@bcom.org or by phone at 978-810-5874.  Below is a copy of my pledge card which includes information on how to join me in my ministry. 

Praise:

  •       6 new students at the New American Center.
  •        Easter Sunday at Byfield Parish Church was a great time of hope and renewal.
  •        The provisions for my support raising that I have received.



payer 


  •    For the new students at New American Center
  • During my trip to Minnesota, I would love to be able to find the time to connect with as many people as possible and share the news about my upcoming mission trip with them. 














No comments:

Post a Comment